Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Week 26: No Complaints Please!

For those who are not aware, I am on a 52 weeks adventure this year where in I decide my own adventures! For more details, check out here!

This week was eventful with the hurricane season upon us and we experiencing the first of rains. Amidst the rains and thunders, I decided to detox myself mentally. What did I do? I went on a 'no complaint mode' for 2 weeks!

It was a difficult task. The first day was easy but as the week started progressing it became extremely arduous to continue this mammoth undertaking. And yet I did it and I am proud of myself.

I did not whine or complain even once in the past 2 weeks. While doing so I realized how much I used to whine in a day and wondered how my husband is still putting up with me! I am a hopeless optimistic but my optimism is sprinkled with intermittent grumbling. Common now, even I am a human and I cannot be smiling and laughing all the time.

The major change I noticed was in my thoughts. My thought clarity was very high and I churned out some offbeat (not my usual genre) pieces last 2 week - A stark naked me in Fighting My Own Demons and a personal perspective on relationships today in The Twisted World of Relationships

I have had my own set of persistent problems which make me whine, to list a few - books ending in drastic ways, weather being too hot, someone sending nasty comments, Costco changing its layout every damn week making things difficult to find, people smoking in my face etc. 

This week I decided to not let these frugal things(I convinced myself these are frugal things, though it was very difficult to forgive Costco) affect my mood and you can see the wonderful effect :)

I could have continued with this detoxification, but this week all the toxins just blurted out of my mouth when I snapped at my husband over something really very small. Maybe detoxification is to be done once in a while and not as a permanent practice ;)

I am thinking of continuing this practice, one week every month. Who wants to join me in this?






1 comment:

  1. So what do you do when someone/something just jumps relentlessly on your nerves?

    ReplyDelete