Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Week 23: Teachings of the Gita

For those who are not aware, I am on a 52 weeks adventure this year where in I decide my own adventures! For more details, check out here!

Sometimes accidently you come across certain things in life which change the course of your life. Something similar happened to me last week. 

We had gone to the Indian store, a chore which we do every weekend to buy vegetables and groceries. This weekend was different. There was a book stall outside the store and I just peeked at the books at the stall. My eye instantly caught the cover of the Bhagwad Gita and a broad smile appeared on my face.

I have been reading the Gita online on and off. I have been wanting to have a physical copy since a long time. And here it was in the most unexpected place. I bought the Gita right away. 

My newest precious possession

I have also been seeking for a Gita class as it is difficult to study the Gita on your own and assimilate all the teachings. One needs a guide or a group where there are healthy discussions on each verse which makes the learning meaningful as well as fun. Just out of curiosity I asked the lady who was selling the books if she is aware of any such classes. Guess what? The lady herself conducted classes via a phone conference and the class had already covered 2 chapters and were currently on the 3rd chapter.

I took the phone conference details from her and joined the class last week on the scheduled day and time. I was fortunate that the lady did a quick recap for me of the first 2 chapters in that 1 hour and now from the next class I will be on track for the third chapter.

Life sometimes places opportunities in the most unexpected places. I have been searching for a Gita class since 6 months and boom, I get one outside my Indian store on one fine Saturday. The best part of the class is, it is on a phone conference so my shifting to a new place will not affect my attendance at all :)

Looking forward to new learnings from the Gita in the upcoming weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment