Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Week 1: And I do the never done!

So I got this idea of 52 weeks of adventure from Brenda's blog - Embark: Fifty Two Weeks of Adventure. And again from Lily Elyn's blog! And I just loved the idea!

Brenda invites readers to join her on fifty-two weeks of adventures for 2015.

"Embark with me as I take fifty-two adventures and re-discover the joy of ordinary life being lived to its fullest.

I challenge you to find a way to learn, to grow, to care and to breathe, each day, for fifty-two weeks. Nourish your mind, soul, heart and body. And each week, go on an adventure."

And I was like seriously! An adventure every week this entire year!!! Sounds fun. And what makes it interesting is you are the one who will decide what is your adventure - it can be as simple as eating a fruit or a little difficult like no social media for a week or something outrageous like para gliding! Just anything which you decide as an adventure! 

So here I am writing my adventure for Week 1:

I hit the gym!!!!

Now you will say, "So what is an adventure about hitting the gym? We did it everyday. Duh....how idiot can one be to call it an adventure....."

But hello, wait....listen to my entire story and then give your verdict.

In my entire life till now I have never ever gone to a gym! Ya that is the truth. You will ask now, "How is that possible?" 
It is, as I never felt the need to excercise. I have been thin as a stick all my life and always thought excercise is for obese people and hence never went to the gym. Never ever felt the need to go and run on the treadmill, check how many calories I burnt and then feel good about it.

Ironically it was the the way for me. I have to instead count how many calories I am eating so that I can put on weight ;)

So ya, I went to the gym. All thanks to my husband's pestering. It is only because of him that I went. He is sporty one amongst us. I am the lazy bone - give me a book and a chair and I am done! Don't need anything else. But that day, he pestered for half an hour. He was hovering over my neck saying, "You just sit at home with no physical activity. Go out, run, do some exercise..blah blah blah". Finally I was like, " Ok fine, let us do it!"

It was a nice experience :) I walked on the treadmill on a speed of 3. Don't laugh! And then did some bicep tricep machines and saw how the cycling device operates. Lifted some weight! And tadaaa that was my gym adventure :)


2 comments:

  1. Lol.... I enjoyed reading...keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pooja. I have increased my treadmill speed to 7 now ;)

      Delete