Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Week 22: Kebabs, anyone?

For those who are not aware, I am on a 52 weeks adventure this year where in I decide my own adventures! For more details, check out here!

I would have started writing saying, "I m shifting in a week, tired of packing and cleaning, no time to cook, so eating outside was a boon...." But I know many of you are bored with my packing and shifting stories, so I will not bore you more :P

This week we tried Middle Eastern cuisine as it is one of the non bland options (Indian food spoils your taste buds and you can't eat food with no spice). We did a little bit of search and then zeroed down on Al Natour Restaurant. It was a weekend and we went there by 9 pm expecting a small place with less crowd. We were greatly mistaken! It was a little big than we expected and jam packed! We had to wait for 20 minutes till we got a small table in the middle of the restaurant. This reminded me of the small restaurants in India which bustle with activity all times of the day.

Look at the packed tables

We saw the menu and decided what to eat in a jiffy. We wanted to try the chicken shawarma and obviously kebabs! Till our main menu arrived, we were given pita bread, pickled vegetables, butter with home goodness and a spicy red chutney. The butter was so good that me and my husband were licking it little by little from our spoons. 

The goodness of white butter!

It was a long time till our main course arrived, almost 45 minutes. This was a big let down about this place. The chicken shawarma arrived with the ubiquitous french fries! You go anywhere in the US, try any cuisine - french fries will always be there sitting on your plate! The shawarma was a delight with big chunks of marinated chicken, a little of coconut flavour with a lot of spiced veggies.

Shawarma and French Fries!

The chicken kebabs were heavenly! My mouth had started salivating when the dish arrived. Spicy, rustic, melt in the mouth balls of meat. I devoured such awesome chicken after so so so long! Loved biting into the juicy meat. I ate a little salad too along with the kebabs, to pacify myself that I did eat a little bit of healthy food too ;)

Scrumptious Chicken Kebabs!! Yummmyyyyy....

I was a happy child after this eating and relaxing. There is so much to taste and experiment, we have just got started. I think the remaining year will be filled with new cuisines and stories about food to tell :)

Drooolll.....Don't stare at my kebab chunk

Finally I move this weekend. Oh, I forgot ....I had decided not to bore all of you with the packing and cleaning stories!!!!

Next blog from a new place, from a new apartment, from a new me (no, I remain the same...you need to live with me just the way I am currently!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment