Monday, September 21, 2015

Week 38: Arijit Singh Live!

For those who have stumbled on my blog just today, I am on a 52 weeks adventure this year wherein I decide my own adventures! For more details, check out here!

Arijit Singh was coming to Orlando and there was no way I was going to miss his soulful songs sang in live. When I asked Sujoy about going to Arijit's concert, he was not that keen as Arijit is an excellent singer but his songs are more towards melodious and peaceful tones. Sujoy would have loved to go to a bubbly singer concert instead. So giving due respect to Sujoy's say it was decided that we are GOING to the concert ;)

We were 10+ folks from our community headed towards Orlando on Friday evening. It was a 3 hour drive one way and we had decided to come back the same night as I had my Toastmaster Area Level Contest the next day which I am very glad to say that I lost. We were 7 folks in a car, in which the husbands were actually dragged by their wives for the concert (certain aspects in each home sometimes are very similar). 

We reached the concert place well before time and were overwhelmed to see such a large Indian population gathered at one place to listen to the most soulful singer in Bollywood today. We took our seats and were awaiting impatiently for Arijit. And then he came (whistles, smiles, cheers all Indian style) :)

His smile is to die for :)

The next 3 hours were pure bliss. I initially noted down all his songs as he was singing to put in the blog. But then I realized chuck this off and just sit and enjoy. And then I did exactly the same. I sat back, danced while sitting (my usual dance style, I get too conscious to stand up and dance) and I yelled and cheered at the top of my lungs forgetting completely that tomorrow was my speech contest. But hey Arijit was here and I could not worry about a contest, right?

Women were going crazy for Arijit!

The moment he took charge of the piano and started singing old songs like 'Ehsaan tera hoga mujhpar'.......Oh My God...complete elation. My heart was singing with him and my mind was in a peaceful state of trance. His voice is magical and he proved it yet again why he is the best today. You can check a glimpse of his concert songs on the piano here.

The crowd went crazy when he took charge of the piano singing all old melodies

He ended the concert with the favorites Kabira and Hum tere bin abhi reh nahi sakte. And I was in a melted state of respect and awe. What really heightened my state of euphoria was - Arijit Singh at the end of the concert kneeled down on the stage and thanked the entire crowd for being there. Such humility!

Respect!

It is Sunday today, 2 days past the concert and I am still humming Arijit's songs which is gladdening my heart and soul! :)

If you get a chance, don't miss experiencing his magic in live!


Photo Credits: Facebook posts, Shweta Vernekar-Navlakha for the sketch.

No comments:

Post a Comment