Monday, August 10, 2015

Week 32: An Outing with the Girls

For those who are not aware, I am on a 52 weeks adventure this year wherein I decide my own adventures! For more details, check out here!

This week I had my first ever girls only outing after coming to the US. Wait....before you raise your eyebrows and start judging my social life and labeling it as 'dull and boring'. Hang on. This might be my first girls' outing in 2 years but it was not my first outing as such. Before this I have gone out a number of times with my husband and also with 'couple friends'. Just to make it clear my life is not that boring also, before you reprimand me :P

I have been wanting to watch 'Inside Out' since a long while now but my husband doesn't like animated and fantasy movies and hence it becomes a little difficult for me to catch up with my cartoon movies. Then I either wait for redbox version or pray that someone invites me to watch the movie with them. I even went alone to watch a movie once because I could not afford not watching part three of The Hobbit series. Such difficult is my life! 

Now that I have got some good gfs, I just asked them if they would like to go. And they agreed! So the three of us set a movie date. I was thrilled and was looking forward to my first girls' day out.

We crossed a lot of bridges that day! ;)

The tram station selfie!

It was a nice afternoon, which we spent in window shopping and then watching the movie. The best part was coming back home. We had to take public transport back home and we did not have any clue from where to take the tram. To top it all, none of us had mobile data and we couldn't find free wifi at the mall (can you believe that?) Somehow we got a wifi connection and we looked at the map - it said go north for 0.2 miles from Cheese Cake Factory. Till we reached Cheese Cake Factory, the wifi signal was lost and we had no clue which is the north side. Then Gauri, our genius said we should go this way as it looks like a shorter route than the other side which is definitely a longer walk than 0.2 miles mentioned in the map. So we took her expert advice and finally reached the tram station. 

Our worries did not just end here. When we reached the tram station, we had no clue which way to stand for the tram. Women and their direction sense! I am so bad that sometimes (ok, many times) I call left direction as right and right as left (ok, now you can reprimand me). But then we distributed ourselves at the two stations across the street waiting to see which way will the tram arrive. It came where Gauri was standing, but Gauri was busy looking into her mobile and we had to shout out to her from the other side. Phew! Sukh and me crossed the road and finally we were on our way home!

It was indeed an eventful day and we just got a taste of solo traveling without our perennial GPS i.e. our husbands. Let us see when is the next adventure happening, not to forget all the chatting and freely clicking pics without any irritated looks of our husbands!




No comments:

Post a Comment